Monday, September 8, 2008

Master Cylinder Boot

I have been busy riding a lot lately.  I'm up to 5000+ miles on the old Chinese scooter!  I replaced the CVT belt with a Athena Kevlar belt I got from oregonvintage.com  Also I replaced the roller weights with Dr. Pulley sliding weights (11g).  Both old belt and weights came out in pretty good shape with little wear.  This makes me believe that the quality has come up some since '06 and '07 (mine is a 2008).
 
I bought a boot for my master cylinder from the local Honda shop.  I just took a shot in the dark and ordered one from a 2004 Honda Reflex.  It fit, and works great.  Let that be a note to all you Roketa, Tank, etc. owners.  I may see about how much brakes cost also, but I'm not sure they would be 100% compatible.
 
No other major issues except for my seat, which doesn't latch.  I had a friend take a look at it, and he thinks the latch mechanism is damaged or missing a peice...

No comments: