Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tuesday Meeting

We had a good meeting for a Tuesday night, when it is cold, raining, and gets dark before 630.  Everyone showed up on 4 wheels and we had no ride.  Still it was cool because it got to be after seven and only one person said "Is it time to go yet?"  but that was the guy who showed up hungry.  Highlands Coffee is no place to pick up a substantial meal.
 
We talked about membership, upcoming rallys, routing ideas for this colder weather.  My only problem is that are so many new and interesting places to see, not all of them within 15 to 20 miles of Louisville.  When it's a larger group, then the more people you please, the more restricted the ride is.  You get "I don't like to ride more than an hour." or "I have to be back by noon." or "Its too cold."   I'm pretty close to the opposite.  I won't start out if it's below say 30 degrees, or if it's already raining (spring, summer, fall) or might rain (winter).  I also don't prefer to start out a ride in the dark, but coming back is ok.
 
It's been cold and wet all week.  I'm just grumpy I guess.

No comments: