Friday, November 6, 2009

Gas Mileage

I ride my scooter pretty hard. As a result it doesn't get the 50+mpg
that it says it should get on Yamaha's web site. Plus I am a big guy
and ride with a passenger sometimes. I get about 42-44 miles per
gallon. I was pretty bummed about this until I started doing some
math. Today gas runs about $2.75 or so per gallon. My Oldmobile
Alero gets really close to about 20-21 miles per gallon.

If you figure that I'm riding right now 11,000+ miles, and by February
next year (with just commuting and riding for fun on some weekends) I
will have around 15K. That gives you a rough figure of about $1000 I
will save in this past year by taking my scooter instead of my car.
Perhaps I should get and SUV as my 'second' vehicle so I could save
EVEN MORE money!!

No comments: