Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Genuine CoolAss

Since I have been parking under a tree at work every day, I have been concerned about sap, and crap. I saw the Genuine CoolAss in last month's Scoot! magazine and decided to give it a go. It doesn't fit perfectly on the Majesty as it is made in four or five sizes to fit most all bikes. I had to fold & tuck to get it to not look like a big gay floppy hat. I think the part that I get folded under the seat will possibly keep it from getting stolen. Construction seems visually like aluminum foil, but I can already tell its much tougher. It comes with its own carrying pouch and folds/wads up to less than the size of a bottle of soda. The "instructions" are humorous and well written. It promises such benifits as: 50% cooler when exposed to direct sunlight, greatly reduced likelihood of developing monkey butt, protects your saddle from fading and cracking, simple installation & removal, easy no hassle storage, will last for years under normal conditions, and improves appearance (as compared to using a garbage bag or towel). It has a few disclaimers: you can't ride on it, you can't expose it ti extreme heat (read: muffler) and its puncture "resistant" not puncture proof. Lastly, it is not washable. If I had known this I may not have ordered it. Also it says to keep your CoolAss out of reach of children, and adults acting like children. They do have a customer satisfaction "if for any reason" guarantee, so I guess that's good. I will report how it does, and what the company says about removing tree sap...if I have to contact them.

No comments: