Saturday, January 29, 2011

Molly (named by Kat)

This is my 1981 Suzuki GS850G purchased today in Pendelton, KY and ridden home to Louisville.  I gave Kat the honor of coming up with a name.  I really feel like I am a scooter kind of guy, but this is a nice little bike, well kept, and in very good shape.  I hope to ride it for a while until I find something that is perfect for me.  Who knows...if I get used to this bike, it may end up being with me a while.  I already like the way the large diameter wheels and big cushy seat gives a nice smooth ride.  I rode back KY-42 on the way home and got only got it up to 70mph for just a moment, but it seemed to have plenty of power.  Since I had never ridden a shifting vehicle before, it took some getting used to and I killed it a couple times at stops.  I am familiar with the concept of a clutch from automobiles which probably gave me a great advantage over someone who had never ridden before.

My biggest concern is starting an older carbureted vehicle (with a manual choke) during this colder weather.

No comments: