Sunday, May 11, 2008

Saturday Ride

Saturday, the weather was perfect, and a group of us took a ride. [name omitted], George and I met at Culvers at 10am. We waited until 11am but nobody else showed up. We left and headed out. Getting used to riding in a group is something I can tell may take a couple times. I was in the lead, George in the middle and [name omitted] was rear guard--he has the 500cc so that just makes sense.

At one point, I looked back, and saw that another motorcycle or scooter had joined up with us! That was pretty cool, so I pulled into a church parking lot. Come to find out, it was another person in our group, Jeremy, who had caught up with us on his 50cc Aprillia! Man, that little thing will fly. We had to stop and get some gas for him because he was on 1/4. I plugged "nearest gas station" into the GPS and we found a place to stop. We must have been pretty close to Taylorsville lake. You can see the signs at the gas station said "Welcome Fishermen" and "Live Bait".

By this time, it was getting late, so [name omitted] and George rode back to Louisille. Jeremy and I stopped for Subways, then continued on through Bardstown and then in to Louisville. All it all it was a great ride!

No comments: