Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Parts for Chinese Scooters

I contacted my dealer (Valley Scooters) several weeks ago about getting a new carb because I have had so many problems with starting/running even after it's been cleaned, etc.  They forwarded my info on to Roketa.   Last week, I was unsure weather I would ever see the carb, so I decided to order it online direct from Roketa.  First I called and spoke to a lady.  I told her I was wary to use the online system and she said she would check to see if the parts I needed were in stock.  She said they have pretty much everything for my model except for windshields.  I asked if she could take  my information and she said no, that I   would have to use the online system. I heard from more than a few sources that it is a joke and they just take your money and you never see your parts, so I looked at the cost of the carb and decided to test it with something much less expensive.  I needed a couple exhaust bolts and I ordered four of them so I would have spares. Yesterday my carburetor arrived.  It was at no cost to me provided under warranty.  When I got home last night, there was a UPS notice on my door that they had another package from Goldenvale.  I assume it's my exhaust bolts.

I know many parts for the various Roketa models and the TANKs are compatible.  If you have not tried using Roketa as a parts source lately, you might try again.  As with their assembly process, I believe they are slowly making company-wide improvements that will only benifit them in the future.  They have IMHO a long way to go, but better is still progress.

No comments: