Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Brake Master Cylinder problems

When we were replacing the rear tire, Jeremy couldn't help but notice how squishy the rear brake was. I took it all apart and could see the boot was torn up pretty badly letting brake fluid slowly leak out. I cleaned it and put it back together with a rubber gasket but that did not help. I asked my dealer (Valley Scooters) about getting a warranty replacement part and they requested it from Roketa. The email he got back said they need the VIN and "i'll ship it out personally", so that is pretty cool. The boot on the front is broken too, but it's not leaking so on that side I just requested only the boot.

Right now I have a mechanical napkin (as opposed to a feminine napkin) inserted into the small 1/8" gap. I have some plastic deteroriation from where it was leaking. Might need more parts yet again, but I don't think body panels will be under warranty.

No comments: