Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tire issues

I had a tire that got a hole. It was well repaired with a professional plug, but eventually just wore completely out. I got 2 replacement tires on ebay for like $25 each. They are INNOVA Meteor tires...nothing special. I put one on with the help of my good friend Jeremy. It was a struggle never having done it before. We actually had to cut the old tire off! What we didn't realize was that the valve step was cracked pretty bad. Add to that all the filling and checking...

...this past Saturday I rode it over to Jeremy's again flat. It ruined the tire. We replaced the tire again, and added a new valve stem I got online from Parts for Scooters. Another pal--Felix stopped by while we were doing this. Between the three of us we got it done a lot quicker--it was mostly an experience thing, not a physical thing.

The scoot is now running pretty good except for one small problem with the brake.

No comments: