Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Owenton ride October 25th

I dropped my bike on Saturday, so I went home after that and took a rest.  Ok, it was a nap.  Anyway I had a big long ride planned that day, and the accident knocked the wind out of those plans, but I still had this need to get out for a while and get moving, so I decided I would scratch another letter off my alphabet.
 
Alphabet?
 
Yeah, corny as it sounds I want to travel "everywhere" from A to Z.  So here's the rules in case you want to do it.
 
1. You must get official photographic proof you've been everywhere (from A to Z).
2. You can use a picture of your bike, or you and your bike placed next to one of the following:
      a. Standard green sign that states only the name of the city or town.
      b. The town's personalized "Welcome to..." sign (with or without population, founding dates, etc.)
      c. You can use a picture of your bike at the town's post office.
      d. You can use a picture of your bike at the towns school or church, but ONLY if the church or school has the name of the town in it.
3. You accumulate these pictures, with at least one for every letter of the alphabet, duplicates are optional.
 
Simple rules.  I post my pictures here when I get them, and also on google albums.  My official documentation album for this is at:
 
 
Anyway, I headed out to Owenton to get my "O".  My first stop was this little shack like place that looked so cool, I had to get a picture.  It is the Avoca Station where you can apparently get firewood, sand and gravel, compliments of the Lyndon Coal Company since 1900.  It says that it is a Historic Landmark.

No comments: