Friday, February 27, 2009

LSG "UK Rally-Style" Patches

Well, you learn something new every day.  I ordered a number of patches from this company in England.  They print them rather than embroidering them.  One of the benifits is you can have photograph-level detail on the patch.  The other thing is they are much less expensive than embroidered patches because they don't have to be digitized, converted or what-not.  So I ordered a sample amount of ten patches.  He said they are 'rally style patches' of 92mm width.  I was thinking that's ok.  Well not only is 92mm huge (for a patch) but there is another surprise...  They come as not what I would refer to as a patch, but more like just a small remnant of cloth...  I was originally thinking "Man, what a cheap-ass peice of junk!" but then I got to thinking...this is exactly what I thought of the Gasoline Rally patches.  They were printed exactly the same on a small swatch of cloth.  So that got me following the train of thought that "somewhere in the world, this is an acceptable patch".  Well wouldn't you know that it's the standard format across the pond, you know...where scooter rallies originated.
 
Next question (which I've put to some brit friend I know from yahoo groups and other lists--and also back to my manufacturer): if this is the traditional rally patch, how traditionally do you affix it?  I can't imagine a way to do it that would look decent, so I am seeking advice from them.  Hopefully I will turn up with patches on my riding jackets before too long...

No comments: