Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jackets for 2010

I have needed a new 3-season jacket for a while.  This would be something to replace the red and black jacket I got from Jafrum that I went down in last year.  The jafrum Jacket still has some wear in it, but I want something more durable. 
 
The first for consideration is the Power Trip Dakota 2 Jacket.  Power Trip made the mesh summer jacket that I bought from New enough in 2008.  That jacket fit kinda funny (long in the torso) so I had it altered by some psycho seamstress I found on Craigslist.  BIG MISTAKE.  I think it will work still, but it doesn't look that hot, and I would only trust it for one slide...  That aside, I like the (original) quality and look of the jacket.  I wore it unaltered at Gasoline Rally 2008.  I think it was pretty comfortable, and it has a nice waterproof liner that I use in both of my jackets.  This jacket comes in all black, which I like best (or second best next to all black with a little red).  If I ended up with this, and a black helmet I would like that.  You would be no Chamomile tea drinkin' mofo dressed like that. *grin*  It does have what they call a Big Air waterproof ventilation system (which seems like an oxymoron to me).  I might have to research that a bit.
 
The other one I'm looking at is the Balistic 7.0 made by Joe Rocket.  This jacket has the advantage of this air scoop system looking thing that looks like it would really suck in massive amounts of air to keep you cool.  The thing I don't like is that it doesn't come in all black...  It has some gray/silver (and you know how I hate gray or silver!).  I have not yet tried a Joe Rocket product and I am feeling both hopeful and cautious.  This is a 3/4 length jacket, so who would care about the torso length as much...
 
Both jackets are claimed 100% waterproof, have C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows, a removeable spine pad, removeable full sleeve insulated liner, Sure Fit adjustable waistband, and reflective stripes.  Whichever jacket I end up with, I will not let anybody cut on it!

1 comment:

Cary & Elaine Johnson said...

I have a motorscooter website. I am looking for people who are aware of motorscooter rallys around the country. We have a calender where we would like to input motorscooter rally information around the USA and Europe.

http://www.meetup.com/seniors-riding-motorscooters and : http://www.seniorsonscooters.com