Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Clonehenge, my next adventure…


Deep in the hills of Kentucky lies an ancient druid holy place that has been the site for many human sacrifices, naked fertility rituals, summonings and workings of other powerful magic. 

Ok, that’s all b*llsh*t, really it’s a scale model of Stonehenge just off Interstate 65 in Munfordville, Kentucky
clonehenge
It is known by some as “Clonehenge” which sounds kinda cute to me.  Anyways, I’ll probably be ancient myself (or more likely dead) before I can ever ride my bike up to the REAL Stonehenge and touch the mysterious monoliths, so when I heard about this place, I did a little research and discovered it’s just over yonder (like everything in Kentucky).  Really it’s a little over an hour away—one hour and eighteen minutes with the old trusty Google maps (or one hour and fifty minutes if you like to take the scenic route (along state roads and backroads).  Also, as an added bonus, I hear that “Big Bubba Bucks Belly Bustin BBQ Bliss” has some really good grub according to some folks…
BBBBB

“The folks are super friendly, and the BBQ is so super-duper-awesome that you will, in fact, slap yo mamma! ..."‎

“Just the smell from the big pig-shaped smokers outside alone is worth 3 stars.”

”this ain't no generic box of food...this is southern home cookin.”

”My favorite part was listening to the owner advertising her place on the cb radio to all the truckers passing by.”

(all stolen shamelessly from the interwebs).

I am going to make this trip on Sunday (best case scenario).  If not, I will have to run down south very soon and check both these out…

No comments: