Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ride to (little) Stonehenge (aka Clonehenge)

This place was not difficult to get to.  My riding buddy Vince and I rode the twisty roads down to close near Munfordville.  As usual, we seen a lot of other bikes out, a lot of dead animals along the road, and even a couple cool things like a muddy river that was almost overflowed and an old Road Dog looking trike.

roadog_motorcycle
Roaddog made by William "Wild Bill" Gelbke.

Well anyway, we got there and checked the place out.  It was pretty cool.  It’s on someone’s private property, but they make it known it’s ok to pull into their driveway and park for a bit to go look.
Photo2673
Vince took this picture.  I forgot my dang camera so we only had our cell phones to work with.
Photo2672
Here’s Vince with his Burgman 650 Exec.

These are a few better pictures showing just the stonework.
Photo2667


Photo2668
I don’t know if it’s exactly to scale but I think the placement is right.  The center stone has a compass carved into it showing which direction is North, etc...  Here’s a pic of me standing on the center stone.
Photo2665
As you can see, the sun caused the picture to come out not-so-good.

Also we can’t forget the other great reason to come out this way…FOOD!  Unfortunately Big Bubba Buck’s Belly Bustin’ BBQ Bliss was closed on Sundays and we did not know.  We ended up eating at a Subway!Photo2675

Yes, looks like neither of us was gonna go home and smack our mama’s…
Photo2676

We did meet and talk with some other riders at the Pilot where the Subway was.  They seemed alright but Vince did more talking than I did.  I was kinda hungry at that point and just wanted to get some grub. 

And what was the cool souvenir I took home?
Photo2679
My first rider-burn of the year!

It was a great ride.  We just basically headed straight for the barn down I-65 on the way home after eating at the Subway.

Here's Vince's video!!

No comments: