Sunday, December 2, 2007

Choices

I still have not decided on which specific model and make to get. It seems like the model is a much bigger factor than the acutal manufacturer for this reason--the manufacturer is not really making these scooters. They just are the major importer for them. Even the factory where they get the scooters doesn't really make much of anything--they assemble parts to make the scooter. And from everything I've heard, most all parts are just parts--with a few exceptions like the CFMoto engine vs. the Linhai. When it comes down to it though, that even seems minor unless you're a big gear head looking for the max horsepower. To the normal driver I don't think it would make much difference. This is my opinion and there are some people would would argue with that--I mean really argue.

There are other 250's out there for the MIC scooters. You can find them on sites like Evo Sales, Scootertronics, and other places too. Beware the ones on Ebay--only for the fact that you can get burned on shipping costs, and you WILL get burned on lack of support.

I still have 10-12 weeks to ponder, and see how things go. The MC-54B/Tank DE are appealing, but I want to see how the parts situation develops.

No comments: