Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Saturday the 15th of August

I led a ride for myself, Kat, Steve, Jan, Jim, and Vince on this past Saturday 08/15/09.  We wandered around out by Bernheim forest, back around Fort Knox, and then over to the Green Valley Restaurant in Irvington, KY.  I had planned a route thru Bernheim, but when it came time to turn, the road was blocked by a gate!  I had to re-route on the fly.  This took us over some non-optimal terrain...namely a gravel road that crossed a creek four times.  I say crossed, I actually mean forded.  Until you've done it, don't judge.  It's tricky as hell.  We ended up on this road and oddly enough Steve and I had been on it once before!!  Last time it was with Jeremy and Ralph, and it was only THREE fordings of the creek!!!  Here's pictures that Vince took:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/vpoman/sets/72157621924169101/
Here are my pictures from the Restaurant:  http://picasaweb.google.com/the1weasel/LouisvilleScooterGroup
I think everyone, despite the rough terrain, had a good time.

No comments: