Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rear Tire Change...

My original tire, the Dunlop, has to be changed out before my trip this weekend down to TN for the Tail of the Dragon rally-it is getting pretty squared-off.  I have right at 9,200 miles on this stock tire as indicated by the odometer.  My thought is to try all tires made for this bike, then stick with the one that wears the best but still gives decent performance.  The tire makers that have the 150/70-13 are:
 
  • Avon (my friend Jeremy runs Avon Viper Strkye tires on his SR50)
  • Bridgstone Hoop (this is the tire I'm having put on tomorrow)
  • Dunlop (the stock tire for my 2008 Majesty)
  • Metzeler (I know nothing about this tire)
  • Michelin (I have heard these are ok)
  • Pirelli (my friend Ken goes through a 10" Pirelli in less than 3,000 miles on his Vespa!)
  • Shinko (I know nothing about this tire other than it appears to be an inexpensive option)
I hope the performance is not too bad on the Bridgestone.  I will need good handling for The Dragon, or so I am told.

No comments: