Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Not the best weather for scootin...

Today it was overcast in the morning, but not too cold-it was only in the 40's! I thought that even though they were calling for some rain later in the day, that I would still ride to work. The ride in was not bad, and when I got there, I put the cover on Lois, which almost always insures that it will not rain. Well...when I got out about 5:30pm, it was pouring! I had my chaps and my jacket liner (the one that the zipper has lost a couple teeth on and is getting a little wonky). I was about 85% covered. I was supposed to go over to my girlfriend Kathy's, but I went straight home instead, got out of my wet motorcycle gear and switched into my cage. My pants were wet in such a way that made it look like I'd lost control of my bladder, but other than that, no biggie. I missed riding this weekend due to holiday stuff and less than happy temperatures, and missed yesterday because it snowed some. In retrospect, since the snow wasnt on the street, I probably would have done better riding yesterday and caging today! I can deal with cold on the bike. Pouring rain and either snow or ice on the road usually does me in. I can live with getting caught in it, and I don't let the weather forecast affect my decision on whether or not to ride-mainly because that has screwed me numerous times. It will be calling for rain, but it is dry in the morning. Invariably on those occasions, it is like 70 degrees and sunny when I get off work... If I dont ride I am grumpy most of the day, and pissed when I get off and see how perfect it is outside! So my plan is to ride to work unless I cannot bear the start weather, or unless I have to be somewhere after work and dont have time to change.

No comments: