Monday, February 8, 2010

Givi E450

The Givi E450 is as big as I wanted to go for a top case. I like how it looks now that it is adorned with stickerage. The texture makes some stickers hard to keep on. :( It can fit two full face helmets, but they are just barely able to fit and you have to close the lid using some pressure. These things are supposed to be well made though. It goes on and comes off pretty easily. I am still not 100% positive I like the anti-dumbass feature of not being able to leave it unlocked with the key out. I know locking it without the key is good so you don't lock your key inside, but not being able to leave it unlocked...well, I guess thats a good anti-theft measure, but seems annoying right now. The only thing I really didnt like was that they shorted me one small rubber gasket. I bought two packs from Home Depot and they should work, but still...for the price they ask, you should get a little extra QC. All in all I think I'll like it once I'm used to it. It doesn't seem to handle any different so far, but its like 30 degrees right now and I'm not doing any distance runs.

1 comment:

682202 said...

I have a Givi monokey 460, very similar to your new E450, it has over 50,000 miles on it with nary a problem. It has to be closed with the key also. I have a two piece key chain, half with bike key only and half with givi key, cable lock key, house key, etc. I close the lid I lock it, it's only unlocked if its wide open and I getting out or putting in. I never leave it closed and unlocked, if I did I'm sure I would be leaving a trail of goodies when ever I ride...

You should get many trouble free miles from your case.