Thursday, February 24, 2011

I picked up the new bike today. Between the repairs and the belated first service that the jackwagon previous owner didn't do, it was expensive enough that if figured into the purchase price, I would not have bought it. I drove in the rain with full gear directly to the county clerk's office where they did the VIN check and transferred the title to me. When I got home, I put the cover on and went in to dry off. I am doing pretty good making the transition from CVT to manual transmission. I'm still a little choppy in shifting but I credit that more towards getting used to the throttle. Besides the automatic trans, the one thing I am missing right now is the highway pegs. In order to have them on the Boulevard, I have to get engine guards. There are about two...one made by Suzuki which is really for mounting pegs only...it really doesn't protect the bike in case of tip-over. The other one made is from Cobra and extends quite a bit further out. They run about $175 (without the pegs). Both bolt right on with no big trip to the shop-bonus. I plan to take it for errands tomorrow and get some practice in.

No comments: