Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Molly title issues

Sadly, the guy I am (still) trying to buy Molly from has not been in contact with me about the title.  The 81 GS850 is originally from Tennessee and he has never had it transferred to Kentucky.  The County Clerks office explains that even though he signed the back of the title, he cannot legally sell me the bike.  He has to actually have the title in his name first.

On top of that, I have been trying to ride the bike around the parking lot and a couple blocks in the neighborhood and it is difficult.  In order to keep it running, you have to have the choke (manual) pulled out some…actually 3000 rpms.  That makes it hard to get into first and is very difficult to manage.  If you set the choke any lower, it dies at idle.  It likely needs the (four) carbs cleaned out and synched, plus maybe the gaps set.  I am not willing to do that. 

I have decided that they fellow either needs to produce a title (which would allow me to own the bike—even though I have already paid for it!) or take the bike back and refund my money.  I don’t care either way.  It’s a nice bike and would be absolutely perfect with just a bit of work.  Its only real fault is that its old-tech.

No comments: