Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Another missed day

I have gotten into a bad habit. I'm very ashamed. Since 2007 when I started riding, I took pride in the fact that I rode all year round. I knew people who perhaps had a really sweet bike, all the gear, and had ridden a lot of roads, but I knew that they had used a trailer to haul their bike, and I honestly felt better than them.

This winter has been harsh with ice and snow on the roads even here in Louisville. There were many days I could have ridden but chose not to risk it.

I know if I don't ride for a whole, I'm not right. I get irritated easily, stressed easily, and get on peoples nerves. I could have ridden today but chose to take the Ford. Now I'm angry with myself, and I will be more disappointed on the way home when its over 50° and sunny.

Lazyness and not wishing to throw on my jacket and chaps is part of it. The other part is comfort. But I really need to ride every dry say...there will be tons of rain coming this spring...

No comments: