Friday, April 25, 2014

Starting my wife's Honda Helix

My wife received a Honda Helix as a wedding present from her awesome husband. We took it along with my Suzuki motorbike on our 1700+ mile honeymoon to Niagara Falls and back. It was awesome.

This past weekend we visited the new bridge across the Ohio River at Madison Indiana. As you know, my clutch cable broke, and I had to trailer my bike into the shop. The next day my wife tried starting her scooter and it wouldn't start. It would turn over just fine. She thought she perhaps left the lights on and it had worn down the battery. I put it in the garage and hooked it up to the battery.

It came to a full charge overnight but I didn't have time to check it.  This week I tried several times to start it with no luck. I tried adjusting the idle on the carb. Nothing doing. I was starting to worry it might be time to get the gaps set.

Last night I looked it over again. That's when I noticed the kill switch had been pushed!!! My bike won't even turn over if the kill switch is on.

No comments: