Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers day riding 2

We got into some fairly hazardous gravel roads that had a significant upwards grade to them. My bike is heavier and I didn't want to drop it so I rode ahead in search of level ground to wait for Kat. On the way up we were passed by three 4 wheel ATV's and met an SUV coming down!

I got around the bend and the Cardo Scala G9 headset cut out and I couldn't hear my girl. I got to a mostly  level spot, jumped off the bike, and as I got closer I could hear she was in trouble. I hurried as quickly as I could on the gravel and found her still at the bottom. Her bike was leaned over with the left side barely touching the ground. She was bracing it to keep it up.

She did a fantastic job of gently setting her Honda Helix down so there were only minor scratches. Kudos to my wife, Kathy, who took a possibly dangerous situation and neutralized it. She's such a trooper and said she would take gravel roads again if necessary, but like me, doesn't really enjoy them on a street bike.

No comments: