Friday, April 18, 2008

Update on Scooter - the mirror

Ok, here's the deal. I have a mirror that keeps coming unadjusted. I
can adjust it at every stop, then after a block or two, I can't see
out of it--i'm looking at the pavement. It's not unbarable. I can
hunch my shoulders to get my neck down to take a quick glance, but
this morning I thought I would take a quick look. Here's what I
found. It has a ball-joint at the part I need to adjust that is
loose. I thought--finally, I find a good use for that blue thread
locker I bought! [Nothing else besides my small chome cover even
THOUGHT about being lose on this scoot]. I put some of the Blue
Loctite in and drove to work. You can see in the picture I have the
boot pulled back to show the line of blue liquid. Funny thing is
this--I don't know if it will work because for one, it's thread
locker, and there really aren't any threads so-to-speak. Also, even
when I got to work and tried to adjust it, the threadlocker was still
wet, acting more like a lubricant than a locker. Hmmm...I guess
another update will be needed later today.

No comments: