Sunday, June 22, 2008

Failure at Gasoline Rally

My scooter had been having some problems...it would die at stops. I didnt have the time before the rally to run down the problem so I took it to a mechanic. Well, I believe they did something to the carb to compensate for the problem, and it ended up stranding me. Friday up was ok, but still had the initial problem. Friday night after check-in, I had a LOT of trouble getting it started. It took me like 45 minutes and I was seriously concerned at that point. Well I rode back to the hotel and went to bed. I got up on Saturday which was the actual day of the rally, and although I got it started, i had to hold it at full throttle to keep it running. If I let off any, it foundered and died. So I knew I was in reality stranded. I told the rest of the club bye, and they went to the ride, except for Jeremy who was sick and came back to the room and went to sleep. Stomach virus must have gotten him because he was still feeling nauseous this morning. Well they came back and told me how awesome it was, and then took a break for a couple hours, then went to the dinner/after-party. I just stayed in the room and watched TV (all day Saturday). Well I called my girlfriend to ask if she might pick up the kids and dog if I dont make it home in time and she was concerned. She had stuff to do with her daughters and I told her that I would try to figure something out. She called me back later and told me to call her brother who lives up here in Indianapolis because he has a trailer hitch. He said he could come get me and the scooter this morning! I called him when I woke up at 8am. He did not call me back for a while so I called my girlfriend. She said he forgot he was on call, so cannot take me home. I'm very worried now about getting back to the kids on time.. We'll see what happens.

No comments: