Thursday, June 26, 2008

Visit to Don Spencer, V.D.

After work, my friends [name omitted] and [name omitted] and I met at Don Spencer's house. Don is the self proclaimed V.D., the Vespa Doctor. Well we gave him a shot for the opportunity to help figure out this "Chinese puzzle" that has baffled one small engine mechanic, two motorcycle mechanics, and three Aprilia scooter techs. Don asked if it was a Vespa, and what year. When I explained it wasn't, he told me flat out that he didn't want to work on it, nor even help by supervising my working on it. He did give us a ride in his 1920-something car. End of the visit left me feeling frustrated and angry that I had wasted both my time and also my emotional energy being positive--hoping for a solution. I have three other shots to get it fixed...

5 comments:

Scott said...

I've read of this once before. The culprit ended up being the battery. For what it's worth. Good Luck.

Scott said...

Doh! Sorry I should have read your post closer. The mechanic probably messed with the mixture screw. I would start there. Search on Scoot Dawg for the procedure.

KY-JD said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your trouble. I don't know anything about them, but this seems to be an ad by a Roketta dealer here in Louisville that is offering service.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/729505175.html

Good Luck!

jayg said...

Try posting your issue on http://www.chinariders.net

This is a forum devoted to china bike and scooter riders.

I live in the Louisville area I will be willing to give it a go on your scooter.

jayg said...

Try posting your issue at http://www.chinariders.net in the scooter section.

I am willing to give it a shot if you can not get it. I am in the Louisville area.