Tuesday, June 30, 2009

GASOLINE RALLY09-Meet and Greet at the Monkey's Tail

Kat and I headed over to the Meet & Greet early...I wanted to make
sure I got the correct size of shirt. They were passing out the rally
packs and stick-on mustaches for the themed Mustache Ride at 10pm. It
was nice to see the folks I had ridden up with again, talk to lots of
new folks and just scope out all the cool scoots. Jeremy and Nathan
were already there when we arrived getting hydrated from the dusty
ride up. We joined them. Later it was decided to go grab something
to eat. We went for a short walk. Kat used to live in Indianapolis,
so knew the area and she said she thought there was a Buffalo Wild
Wings close. There was, and we went in. This is when I found out
Nathan likes to take surprise camera shots to get weird facial
expressions from people. We all gave it a try and I kept trying to
get some good ones. I did get a few, but you end up deleting a lot of
crap shots. Also you have to have the timing right.

After dinner there was lots of tire kicking and then at 10pm The
Mustache Ride. It was every bit as cool as last year! Kat and I
followed along for most of it, then peeled off to call it a night.
8am comes pretty early and there was no way in hell I was taking a
chance at missing my opportunity to run the Indy 500 track!

No comments: