Thursday, June 18, 2009

Some days it pans out...

The weather looked pretty bad today, but I made it to work without a
stopover to pull on rain gear! The HR lady just told me that the
storms look to have gone away, and the skies are clear! BONUS! I may
go for a short ride on the way home. The kids are having a
sleepover/play date at a friend's house so I have the extra night off.
I have to stop at the optometrist on the way home...somehow I lost
one of the nose pads on my sunglasses and I have to get that fixed
this week.

I have an awesome friend who is a real tech-mech guy. He's got a
garage full of tools, air compressor, etc. He helped me a LOT last
year keeping the Chinese scoot running good. I don't know if i'll be
able to repay him fully...such a cool mofo. Anyway, he's gonna tune
up some stuff on his scoot this weekend, so he said I could come over
with my parts and fluids and we'll tackle the oil change and sparkplug
change. It has to be done before Gasoline Rally next week. I called
Yamaha Louisville and they said my oil filter (the Roketa did not take
an oil filter!) runs between $12 and $15. The guy I spoke to said if
they try to charge me like $50 then I need to ask for him!! Damned
right I will! I'm going over to a comparable full synthetic oil this
time. Last time at the 600 mile interval they used Yamalube (which I
figure is recommended--duh!) but I want synth to keep the life of the
engine safe...I have been stretching my service out a little due to
scarcity of time and money.

The next big expense will be a rear tire. I'm gonna likely go to
Derby Cycle in Shelbyville to get that done. They also have a set of
saddlebags I want, but that will have to wait....

No comments: