Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Saturday

Saturday I rode to Corbin, Kentucky.  It was about 3 hours and an exercise mainly to keep my interstate and distance skills from deterorating.  I got about 45mpg on that tank.  I was also there to spend time with a friend who lives in the area, and scout out possible camping spots for later this month or next month.  Daniel Boon National Forest is all around that area.  I also saw the original Colonel Sanders restaurant.  Now days it's just a funny-looking KFC.  They did have a bunch of antique cars outside so perhaps a car club was eating there...  On the interstate I managed to drink water and eat jerky, peanuts, and on the way home even a peanut butter sandwich.  This kept me moving instead of stopped, which is good.  Down to Corbin I only had to stop once for fuel.  On the way back I caught about 5 miles of heavy rain.  I pulled off and got on my jacket liner, then about 5 miles later I pulled off again to remove it.  I was pretty dry when I got home.  I think I will need a new pair of glove soon.  The Olympia gel gloves I have are wearing out on the left index finger.  I think I will look for all leather next time.  These didn't last a full year.

No comments: