Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Trip to the Vet

I had to run to the vet today at lunch to pick up some drugs for my
defective dog. It calls for possibility of rain this afternoon, so I
figured Lois and I would get soaked. I got there dry enough. Among
the liquor stores and strip clubs of that area, I noted no fewer than
five vendors of scooters! One was a Kymco shop, but the rest were
Chinese. The Chinese scooters are (in my opinion) fine for the
general public. The problem with them is the necessary rigorous care
and maintenance involved, and the fact that almost no place will work
on them, including most of the retailers. My problems I ran in to
were related to the amount of use I put on the bike more than build
quality. If I had had time, I would have stopped in to get some
prices just for reference. I'm sure they were almost all 50cc
scooters. I almost never see any maxi's among them. Gas is mid $2
range and I'm starting to see a few more two-wheelers on the road.
I picked up the drugs and got back to work unscathed by weather.

Last night was the meetup for Louisville Scooter Group. We had five
scooterists at Flanagan's shooting the bull. One was a new guy on a
03 Honda Reflex. Seeing a Reflex up close always makes me nostalgiac
for my old Black Betty.

No comments: