Monday, March 29, 2010

Boats.net

I ordered my belt, and two air filter elements for my scooter on boat.net which carries a lot of parts for bikes, scooters, atv, and watercraft.  They were the cheapest.  I got two filters which I thought were for each side of the Majesty.  Apparently there are THREE air filters--one on each side for air intake then a separate one for the variator!  I got online this morning to order and found the right part.  I also ordered the variator weights that I might end up needing, plus four specialized bolts that have rubber washers around them.  Only after I hit the pay button did I get my purchase order via email which said they would ship on the 31st!!  I need to get this work done asap, so I could not wait for the 31st.  I cancelled my order and called Yamaha-Suzuki of Louisville.  They can have the parts for me Thursday or Friday.

I still have to find some way to extract the salt and oxidization-welded bolts and screws from the scooter...needless to say I am not a happy camper.  Still, my friend Jeremy says we should be able to get it done before the rally.  I am concerned...I did not expect nearly as much trouble as this.  It should have been at tops a 2hr job.

No comments: