Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hubers Winery & Brewers

Ken, Vince, Kathy and I left Rick, Gina, and JD (who couldn't ride) at Nulu Scooters and we went off into Indiana. I had a few problems with my route which I chalk up to learning curve on the Garmin. Once I got everything straightened out we rode around not as much twisty roads as I'd have liked, ending at Joe Huber Winery where some of us partook of the excellent goodies they have there such as cheese, jams, jellies, dried fruit and nuts, as well as candies.
No wine this time, but we did take a look around their wine shop & tasting facility. I took the opportunity to grab a cup of coffee and also a bathroom break! After this we wheedled around some really good roads to Brewer's General Store in Borden, home of Rat Trap Cheese. They also have all kinds of Amish made goods. It was cold, I didn't wear my Colorado Chaps, and the temps were taking their toll on my legs.

No comments: