Monday, March 17, 2008

My trip Sunday

I took a 60 mile trip Sunday. Here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/2n8q8c

First I rode from home about 10am, to have coffee with my sister, then
lunch at Skyline Chili on Bardstown. I went across the 2nd street
bridge (35mph) to Indiana and stopped about 1pm at an old comic book
shop I used to hang out at when I lived there, called Empire Comics.
After that, I went to see my brother who lives over by the library.
Then I went for a ride down by the river all along the length of New
Albany. After that, I went to see Joe & Dana--this was about 2:30.
From their house, I went back towards home over the Sherman Minton
bridge on I-64 (55mph). The scooter handled fantastic the whole time,
but I like the in-town driving much better--it's enjoyable rather than
the highway where you just want to get somewhere quick. I got off at
the 9th street exit, took my route down through town to Bardstown road
again, turning this time at Taylorsville road and riding nearly the
entire length of it (the town portion anyway..it goes all the way to
Taylorsville, KY). I drove back down Hurstborn and stopped for a
sandwich at Culver's. I didn't have much time left, but I took
Watterson trail to Hurstborne over the Fegenbush and rode the back-way
to Outer Loop and home. It was really nice. Then I got in the car to
drive over and get the kids.

No comments: