Friday, April 24, 2009

Iron Butt Association Saddle Sore 1K attempt tomorrow

I am going to attempt the Iron Butt Association Saddle Sore 1000 ride tomorrow. My route takes me down to Montgomery Alabama and back. Here's the map:


View Larger Map

I hope it works out well, and that I don't end up in a ditch somewhere!

I'm going to (if plan works) be sending check-in messages to this blog on a real-time basis. I'll give the whole report when I get back!

My friend Jeremy told me that Highlands Coffee (my start point) might be hard to get to tomorrow because of the mini-marathon that is going on. I am going to switch to Starbucks at 101 N Hurstbourne Pkwy. They open at 5:30am so I can get an even earlier start!

Some folks have said that it's planning and determination. If there is any luck involved, please wish it for me!

No comments: