Saturday, April 4, 2009

WKRP Rally - Route was awesome!

The ride today was awesome! Cincinatti has much different architecture
and geography than louisville. Some of the streets were these hellatious
hills that dove straight down and then shot back up again. I thought we
had a corner on the market for Kentuckiana scooter roads, but its cool
to know that no matter where you go awesome rides can be had. The folks
from Metro Scooter and the XYL Scooter Club are all great people.
Everyone is nice and very friendly. There were so many different kinds
of 2 (and some 3) wheel vehicles, and I talked to a lot of the owners.
One common thread about scooterists, we like to have pride in our
machines and like to talk about them.

The grub at the end was pretty good too. We got a little turned around
because some folks had trouble getting up the huge hills and we got
separated from the rest of the group. Louisville Scooter Group took the
lead using Tomtom technology, and Jeremy and I lead about 15 scooterists
to the Northside Tavern where the meeting was at for the cookout. They
had burgers, dogs, and sides. There were pool tables, some video games
(I played Cendipede which I have not done in over 20 years!) and there
was tons of good conversation.

The finale is tonight with the meeting back a the Comet, with live music
and drawings. I bought a few raffle tickets.

I had a small issue with my Tomtom charger. I think it may be dead, but
i'm not sure. I'm going to run off the battery with charging by outlet
tonight so it will be fresh for 3 hours worth tomorrow. I'm following
Jeremy back so should not need the Tomtom too much.

No comments: