Thursday, April 30, 2009

Iron Butt Certification

I sent off my documentation today via priority mail. I was going to
send it regular, but they don't do delivery confirmation on 1st class
standard.

I was hoping to get it back before the Gasoline Rally, but that's in
56 days, and it usually takes 2-3 months to get it done because they
are so thorough and verify everything precisely. According to
Wikipedia:


"The Iron Butt Association (IBA) is a US-based organization dedicated
to safe, long-distance, endurance motorcycle riding with over 30,000
members world-wide. One of its more popular slogans is, "The World Is
Our Playground.""


I will get a certificate, pin, and a licence plate back that says
"IRON BUTT ASSOCIATION" and "WORLDS TOUGHEST RIDERS". That has GOT to
look cool on a scooter!!


The full report of my ride is in pdf format here: http://tinyurl.com/1K-42509

No comments: