Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weather and overheating.

Weather is probably going to be pretty lousy today and maybe tomorrow. I'm getting really close towards the hellstorm that is hitting Dallas and Austin Texas. If I can get in and out without being drenched, I'll be happy. Weather channel says the warm weather will continue, which makes getting wet a little more comfortable. It looks like the pattern is moving slowly and its sliding more north than west. If I can keep up the pace, I might beat it because its moving so slow westward, but I am headed south and west today, then will turn north as soon as I hit the bare northeast corner of Texas. They are delaying flights in TX, but I dont think that's abnormal for this type of weather. I promised Kat I would be careful, so if I start seeing close lightning or get into a poor visibility situation, I will pull off and stop.

I also got an idea about the overheating on the bike. I'm going to remove the tool bag in case its blocking air that should be getting to the radiator. I've never had problems with it before, but I've never run the bike for longer than 10 minutes at interstate speeds (sadly) since I got that bag. I hope it is the culprit. It would be an easy fix. {Note: in the picture I am right at the west border of Missippi, a smidge down from the north border. The town is called Tunica}

No comments: