Sunday, March 18, 2012

Working on the bike

Today is my last day before heading out. I had to figure out a way to (mostly) permenently attach the wiring for power to my Garmin. Its a little tough because there's not a whole lot of room between the underside of the tank and the hot engine parts. I decided to run it along with some other wiring and put in some extra insulation. We'll see how that goes. I'm using my battery tender pigtail off the battery for power and I fashioned a cap for the GPS cable out of another SAE trailer pigtail. This way if I get in a pinch and have to charge my ipod, phone, or camera, I can throw on the 12volt "lighter" adaptor and charge my other devices. I plan to charge everything up at an electrical outlet each night anyway. That brings up a major concern...I hope my abused 44 year old back holds up on non-space-tech mattresses.

No comments: