Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cardo Scala Q2 Fubar

I have been somewhat disappointed with the volume on my headset. Dont get me wrong...I love it. It just needs to be louder. I found a guy on advrider.com who did a mod to put a female plug in so you could use earbuds. I used to listen to my mp3 player on long trips, and I like the way it gave me good volume plus insulated me ears from wind noise too. I checked it out and it like it was pretty simple, so I tried it. Well, I had my mp3 player plugged in to test and make sure I was getting sound, but when I got everything soldered together...no intercom between helmets and no sound from phone or FM radio. The ONLY thing that was working was the mp3! I looked into asking my friend Steve for help with this a while back but he was reluctant to do it because he might mess it up. (I guess there is always that possibility even with somebody who really knows what they are doing) Now that it was no longer an issue, I asked him to see if he could fix what I had torn up! He said he would look at it, so I took both sets on the Tuesday night ride and gave them to him to work at. He sent me an email earlier that said he was able to fix it! Steve is pretty darn awesome! I really have some pretty kick-ass friends! I picked up the headsets, and it works perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve Is The Man !!!!