Monday, May 10, 2010

Ride to Corydon, May 8th



Louisville Scooter Group took a ride on Saturday to Corydon, Indiana. We travelled the nice twisties and even just a wee bit of gravel road. My good friend Vince was nice enough to scout ahead and make sure it wasn't miles and miles of gravel. He was the most experienced of us in off-road situations...he used to ride dirt bikes a lot when he was younger. I don't mind well packed gravel but most the rest of our gang likes some tarmac if they can have it. We stopped in Corydon for lunch at The Real Enchilada which is a good Mexican restaurant on Capitol Avenue. That whole downtown area has a really cool small-town look to it. We rode back through more good roads and stopped at Brewer's General Store in Borden for a soda. Vince split off at that point and took the quick road home. I ran up toward Huber's Orchard on Dow Knob road which is a very steep climb and lots of fun. The GPS was giving me fits because I was not sticking 'to the plan' so I got us into a long loop. After I turned us the wrong way on Scottsville road and starting to head back toward Huber's, friends Steve & Jan cut out for a more direct route home. Ralph stuck with Kat and I, as I got my bearings and we paused for gas at the marathon that sits at the top of the hill at Scottsville and Paoli Pike. Ralph and I rode down into New Albany then got onto the Indiana section of I-265 and finished the ride home on the interstate. It was a good ride, but my only complaints were that it was a little too cool, a little too windy, and my GPS screwed up once or twice--mainly due to my not using it right. *shrugs* I still think everyone had a good time.

No comments: