Friday, November 2, 2007

I want an affordable second vehicle

I used to own a 1964 Ford Falcon. It was too expensive to maintain, license, and insure two cars. I had some trouble with my primary vehicle--a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I had to get rides back and forth to work with my girlfriend and that causes a hardship on her time and mine. It left me wishing for the hundredth time that I had a second vehicle.

This summer I started talking to this guy at work named Darrel. He told me that he goes riding every good-weather weekend with a bunch of buddies. They all have ...scooters... I asked him a few questions, like licensing, insurance, and cost... He said that he had to license his scooter because it was a 125. He said the smaller engines you don't have to register. His insurance averaged out to about $80 per year--he only rides 8-9 months. I asked him how much his cost and he said you can pick one up for around $1500-$1800 in the summer when they are selling. He got his from a guy who sold them for 3 months.

That got my wheels turning and now its time to do a lot of research.

No comments: