Thursday, November 15, 2007

Insurance

I asked my carrier how much it would be to add a motorcycle (at this point for basic purposes, I was referring to it as a motorcycle just to make inquiry simple). They needed to know make and model so I just gave them a mock older Honda with a small engine. They don't carry motorcycles, so I started shopping around. The big names Geico, Progressive, etc wanted too much. I mean, I've had my share of speeding tickets, etc, but I've never been sentenced for vehicular manslaughter or anything... I decided to call some local companies, and I found one that gave me a decent quote. I asked them about renter's and car insurance and they gave me about 15% less per month than what I was paying. I switched. In case you're wondering and in Louisville, it was Glenn Martin insurance. Ironically, they are underwritten by Progressive, but I still got a better rate...hmmm...

No comments: