Saturday, November 17, 2007

My weight, and specifications

I most certainly do not want to be going down the road 5mph slower than cars and trucks. I do not want to be the hockey puck for larger vehicles. I thought I would be ok on the 150cc size because the top speed, and because all the manufacturers and dealers online list the max weight at more than me...I'm right around 325. These vehicles can carry 330-360. I have been spreadsheeting specs and asking a lot of questions on boards and groups. I found out a very important fact:

The specs listed by the manufacturer (and thus copied by the dealers/importers) are optimistic at best, and outright lies at worst! So what the heck was I to do? Well more questions and research led me to this nugget: Although a 150cc might work for me, I would be putting more stress on an machine that is already considered questionable quality by running it WOT (wide open throttle) much of the time just to keep up with traffic.

My dreams are shattered. There goes the idea of owing a scooter...

No comments: