Friday, January 25, 2008

Delivery Attempt $65 charge

At the last minute (this morning) I thought maybe I should make the
attempt to contact the actual UPS Freight terminal where the scooter
is coming out of. The only thing I had was a fax number, so that is
what I used. Damn good thing, too!!!

I just got off the phone with UPS Freight. They are telling me they
attempted delivery today and the person at the shop (who was
instructed that we were going to deliver on NEXT Friday) refused the
shipment. Jean at the Indianapolis UPS Freight terminal said they
would deliver for me on 2/1, but there would be a $65 re-delivery fee.
They had better by-God not send it back to CA!

This is unacceptable. I called UPS last night the very hour that
Valley Scooters gave me the pro number and it was already in
Indianapolis!! I do not blame Valley--I figure they were waiting on
the pro number just like me. I do blame Goldenvale for waiting so
long to supply them with the pro, and UPS making a delivery attempt
AFTER I called 18+ hours in
advance and scheduled the delivery for 2/1. *panic*

I called Chuck--no answer on his work number and left a message.

No comments: