Thursday, January 24, 2008

Delivery

I was concerned at first about shipping and delivery. It is the most crucial part of this deal. I got a voicemail from Linda at Valley Scooters. She said she would email my my tracking info, and told me I'd be getting black instead of red.

I got the email, and tracking number and UPS told me:

ESTIMATED Delivery: INDIANAPOLIS, IN *01/28* !!!!!

I just about shat myself! I was thinking that I could get it scheduled for delivery on 2/1!!! I even confirmed with my boss when I talked to him ("no problem--don't worry!" he said) and now it's coming in on Monday instead of Friday!!! So I called UPS. "Its no problem sir. We can deliver on Friday the 1st of February." I asked when because I would not be in town until around noon and she said I would have to be available from 8am until 5pm!!!

I was wound up and freaking. I emailed John again and he said to go to ups.com get the number for the terminal and talk to them. Couldn't find it on the whole bloody website (apparently you can track freight to some extent on the regular ups site, but for freight and LTL shipments you really need to go to upsfreight.com). I finally spoke to someone who could schedule the delivery around 11am-5pm. So I'm set--in that.

No comments: