Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Over-zealous?

In an effort to make sure I have the best prepped machine, I think I may have been a little over-zealous. I have been following the trends on Chinese scooters for months now, and what I'm hearing is that all the problems people commonly experience are getting less frequent. The
dealers, importers, mechanics, and retailers have changed their tune slightly. What I expected from this scooter was to have to re-do a lot of shoddy workmanship and assembly and replace substandard parts right off the bat. Now don't get me wrong, each individual scooter comes
with its own set of issues. But the "experts in the field" have switched from the general MANDATORY, to Likely, and now Possible. The consensus now is to check everything, but you only have to replace the fluids--and even some of those might be ok if you look closely and see
that the quality is good. I am going to be safe and change all the fluids--except possibly the brake fluid. I'm going to inspect the wiring and hoses and replace anything I'm not 100% sure about. I'm going to make sure everything is tight and secure. After that, I will just FORD the damn thing if I need to. I just pray its not all FUBAR from shipping damage, and there's not any parts broken that I will have to wait months to get.

No comments: