Thursday, February 14, 2008

Carb repair & Starting

Well, I found this fellow--Tommy Miller who is right directly behind where I just moved. I'm talking less than a block away. He works on all sorts of cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, etc. For a small fee, he took my scooter apart, took out the carbureator and deduced that the main jet was loose. He said he thought this might be why the scooter would not start, plus earlier it would start, but only idle.

Now it still is not starting, but he suspects that since this loose main jet caused basically a flooding problem, the sparkplug has become fouled. He checked everything else out on the fuel delivery and it all seems to be working from the fuel pump to the automatic choke, to the carb itself--including all the lines and hoses. I'm getting a sparkplug for it today at lunch time, and he's coming over after work to put it in. We shall see how it goes from there. I think I would have to watch him take the carb out a couple more times to be able to do it myself, but once he shows me how to change out the sparkplug, I don't see a big problem with doing it.

No comments: