Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This Morning (i.e. Bobbie Holsclaw hates me)

I just thought I would entertain my wonderful readers with the details of my clusterf*ck this morning...

Got the kids to school and then I came back home. I geared up, drove the .5 miles down to the County Clerks office. Waited in line for about 10 minutes and went up when the lady called my number. I told her I was there to register the vehicle, and she said "You need it inspected first." So I went out and the county police officer was getting something out of his SUV right beside me and I asked him "where is it you're supposed to pull in to get the inspection." and he said he would do it right there. So he took my drivers license and the MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin), verified the vin, checked the lights and then told me to come inside and he would call my name. After a couple minutes he called me over and handed me the paperwork. He said "Nice bike. How much you give for it." and I told him. He seemed impressed.

Well, that was the good news and here lately it seems there is always bad to go with. I went back and got another number. They called my name. I went up and the lady looked at my paperwork. The MCO had not been signed by Goldenvale (the importer) when they sold it to Valley Scooters (the dealer). She said I have to get it signed and come back. Well, Goldenvale is in California, and Valley Scooters is in Connecticut. I called Goldenvale, and they are going to overnight me a new MCO. THEN, I have to get Valley Scooters to re-sign the damn thing and they are on vacation this whole week. Plus, they have to get it notarized, and also fill out this other stupid document (which they have done wrong three times now) that is required by Kentucky on all out-of-state vehicles. I swear, if I get all this done and go back in--and they find SOMETHING ELSE wrong, I'm killing somebody.

No comments: