Monday, February 11, 2008

Well, the good news...

I got the MCO in the mail. Also, Linda called and said that they did get the price wrong, but she would credit the difference, so I did pay $1999 for the scooter. This is the good news.

As I said, I had to leave my scooter in my friend's garage for the week (Sunday until today--not quite a week). When I got there Saturday, different truck and fresh rental trailer, the scooter WOULD NOT START. We filled it with gasoline (there was not much there) and we shot some starting fluid into the airbox (my friend's idea). Finally we were able to get it to idle--roughly. The problem then was that anytime you would give it enough throttle (say over 2K RPMs) then
it would die. Thus, I had to load it onto the trailer by hand. I got it home and just on a fluke, tried again to start it. This time it would not even idle.

I had though having the mechanic supervise me, it would turn out alright. I have the battery inside charging on the battery tender jr.

Last night I thought it was gonna snow so I got out my scooter cover (which just fits) and covered 'er up. It's so bloody cold out right now that I hate to walk the 20 steps from car to door. I hope it warms up this weekend, but who am I kidding. I will be there in the lot on Saturday whether it is cold or not. I think snow or rain would keep me from it...

I guess that's ok. I just moved on Friday and got plenty of unpacking to do...

No comments: